Distinguished Research Award
The award recognizes a distinguished career in significant research achievements and in the co-ordination, supervision, mentoring and/or examination of higher degree art and design research students. They publicly acknowledge the major achievements and leadership qualities of a senior colleague as determined by their peers.
Nominations from Heads of School (or equivalent) should comprise:
- A 2-page evidence-based statement addressing the selection criteria;
This should address as many selection criteria as possible and relevant for the candidate in relation to the award. Evidence should include examples, awards, teaching metrics, etc.
- The candidate’s CV, with attention to achievements relevant to the selection criteria, ie in the area of teaching, research and practice.
Deadline and Submission
The 2017 ACUADS Awards round is now open. Nominations must be received by 7 August 2017.
Please direct all queries to Annika Harding, Executive Officer, ACUADS email@example.com (Tuesdays)
Awards are announced and presented at the annual ACUADS conference, held this year 28–29 September in Canberra.
- Consistent excellence in research, measured by internationally and/or nationally significant exhibitions and/or publications;
- International or national recognition of research practice via grant success, awards and/or broad citations;
- Proven record of enthusing and mentoring higher degree research students, demonstrable via doctoral completion and track record of graduates developing professional careers;
- Proven and sustained dedication to art and design research via convenor, advisor, examiner and/or external program review roles;
- Evidence of fostering an institutional research culture;
- Exemplary record of successful leadership in art and design research;
- Evidence of sustained advocacy for art and design research.