Distinguished Teaching Award
These awards were introduced in 2003. They recognize outstanding teaching careers in art and design education and represent an opportunity for national publicity and promotion of the work with undergraduate and graduate students in Australia’s art and design schools.
Nominations from Heads of School (or equivalent) should comprise:
- A 1-page evidence-based statement in the format provided addressing the selection criteria;
This should address as many selection criteria as possible and relevant for the candidate in relation to the award. Evidence should include examples, awards, teaching metrics, etc. Download the form here: Nomination Form – Distinguished Teaching Award
- The candidate’s CV, with attention to achievements relevant to the selection criteria, ie in the area of teaching, research and practice.
Deadline and Submission
The 2019 ACUADS Awards round has now closed. Nominations must have been received via email by 6 September 2019.
Please direct all queries to Shanti Shea An, Executive Officer, ACUADS email@example.com (Thursdays)
Awards are announced and presented at the annual ACUADS conference, held this year 31 October-1 November in Melbourne.
- Significant innovation in teaching;
- Demonstrated national or institutional impact;
- Widely recognised ability to enthuse and mentor students, demonstrable track record of graduates developing professional careers;
- Proven and sustained commitment to the arts, craft or design;
- Widely recognized professional artistic, design or scholarly achievements.